Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 26, 2007

Elmo Makes Music

Yesterday we went to see Elmo Makes Music. I believe that Riley really enjoyed the show, but he says that he did not like it. He really paid attention to the things that were going on, but I do not think that he is coordinated enough to sing and dance along with them. At home he likes to sing tv theme songs to his shows, but, like his mom, he is always a little off.

I encouraged Riley to take is binoculars with him to the show so that he would have something to play with and entertain himself with if he really did not like the show. He was looking through them backwards, with the big end up to his eyes instead of the correct way. I believe that looking through them the correct way provided too much sensory input and he was not able to handle it.

I was not sure that Riley would enjoy the show. I thought that it might be too loud and maybe even too bright for him. I remember taking him to the Playhouse Disney show at Disney MGM over spring break. While his sister danced, he laid down with his head in my lap. It was like he did not know how to act like the other kids, and he did not want to make a fool of himself.

Riley enjoyed the show; he is just too cool to admit it since Elmo is his sister's favorite character.

No comments: